Position: Salesforce Solution Architect
The Hunley Group is a rapidly growing Salesforce Crest Cloud Alliance Partner based in Davidson, NC with an entirely virtual team spread across the country. We’re an exciting, fast-moving consultancy that is customer-focused, highly collaborative and values the contributions of our team. We have a reputation as both a great partner to our clients as well as a great place to work.
We are seeking an experienced Salesforce Solution Architect to support us in the execution of client projects. You should be extremely comfortable and confident in designing Salesforce implementations. We would expect you to be able to take point with clients, driving discovery and analysis, constructing a strategy and proposed architecture, and guiding the project overall. You will probably work on multiple projects with different clients simultaneously, and you will be most heavily involved early on, in the design phase, though will continue to advise throughout the project to completion. You will establish and maintain a relationship with the client, having a deep understanding of their business and needs, and will continue to serve as their Solution Architect on future projects. You will also support the partners and business development reps in pre-sales activities, as needed, acting as a Salesforce expert to perform demos, answer questions, and participate in pre-sales discovery, to ensure a complete understanding of the client’s needs.
- You will serve as the senior process, strategy, and architectural lead on client projects. We and your clients will lean on you (alone and/or with the help of your team) to lead:
- Business analysis and discovery
- Business process definition
- Business process design (jointly with Technical Architect, as needed)
- High-level requirements definition, including writing user stories that are easy for clients to understand and respond to
- Scope definition
- Integration Design (jointly with Technical Architect)
- Data Migration Planning
- After the Design Phase is complete, you will advise the project implementation team as needed, in these areas:
- Detailed requirements gathering and user story creation
- Development (declarative and code-based)
- Testing and UAT
- Training and launch
- You will lead project teams, managing more junior business analysts and consultants as needed. You'll use Hunley processes and help us develop them further
- You will take the lead in managing the relationships with the client-side business leads
- You will champion quality on projects, and identify and mitigate risks
- You serve as an escalation point for clients to resolve any project-related issues.
- You will participate in conversations with the client regarding requested additional work, and be responsible for any design work involved in newly scoped work.
- You will also support the partners and business development reps in pre-sales activities, as needed, acting as a Salesforce expert to perform demos, answer questions, and participating in pre-sales discovery, to ensure a complete understanding of the client’s needs.
- Minimum 5 years of experience functioning as a Salesforce business analyst or consultant
- Salesforce certifications & experience
- Required: Administrator and either Sales Cloud or Service Cloud
- Other Cloud certifications a plus
- Detailed knowledge of Salesforce architecture
- Experience working in an Agile or “modified-Agile” environment
- Understanding of data and data migration methodologies
- You should have at least 6 new instance implementations under your belt, or a minimum of a dozen large-scale projects in existing instances. Your role should have been as the primary driver for many of these.
- Bachelors degree required; MBA is a plus
- At least one year of prior remote work experience
- Good communication skills; able to understand your audience and adjust your presentation style accordingly
- Ability to quickly learn about new industries, new companies, and their intricacies so you can speak “their language”
- Critical thinker – spots gaps, challenges assumptions, pushes back against bad ideas, offers best-practices alternatives
- Knows what can and should be done with configuration vs. code ,and adheres to a “configuration before code” mindset to minimize cost and complexity, and maximize maintainability for clients.
- Synthesis: Able to translate client’s requirements into user stories via client interviews and workshops; able to define technical tasks required to support users stories
- High threshold for quality; turns in good product; able to create and follow solid test plans
- Candidates must have a dedicated home office with high-speed internet
Serious player interested in advancing your project execution skills while working at the cutting edge of the Salesforce ecosystem? Excited to work with a fast growing Salesforce Partner who will push you hard and help you grow? Let's talk.
At The Hunley Group we strive to cultivate a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, valued and that they belong. Diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Please include, along with your resume, a cover letter describing why you were attracted to this posting and why you believe you are a good fit.
Competitive compensation and benefits available.
Principals only - no agencies please.